I’m Kamen Nedev. I use Emacs. I’ve been using it for about four years now. So I suppose this makes me a TOTAL newbie.
- Things I like about Emacs: its power, its logic, its capacity to metamorphose into anything and everything.
- Things I use it for: Translation (RemembranceAgents, LookUp, FlySpell), web development(NxmlMode), programming (Interactive Fiction, some Python, some Perl, and a lot of EmacsLisp, obviously), and… erm…. just about everything else (NewsTicker, JabberEl, ERC…)
- Emacs packages I’m hooked on: NewsTicker, WThreeM, MalyonMode, OrgMode, MuseMode (yay!), AucTeX (nothing beats the Emacs-AUCTeX-BibCite?-RefTeX!).
- Stuff I’ve got into more recently: ERC (+bitlbee), EmacsLispScreen, and I’m working my way towards switching completely to Gnus for my mail and news needs.
- More recently, I have found the use of emacs-w3m with some popular online a nice change from the bells&whistles of AJAX. I have documented it here:
My website (journal, projects, podcast, etc.) is at http://www.waitingforcargo.net