Category Programming is about using Emacs in programming other languages than EmacsLisp. Click the heading to find pages that link to this page.
Code navigation and information:
- EAssist – Offers rapid method/function navigation for C++, C, Java, Lisp…
- ElDoc – Display the argument list of current function at point in the EchoArea
- Lisp:tooltip-help.el — show help as tooltip
- WhichFuncMode – Display the name of the current function at point in the ModeLine
- ToggleTest – A language agnostic tool to create/navigate quickly between source (test subject) files and the corresponding test files (Category: TDD, productivity, navigation)
- AutomaticFileHeaders – automatic insertion and update of file headers for different types of file (C, shell, EmacsLisp, and so on).
- Bookmark+ – Tag files and code fragments a la del.icio.us, to organize into sets and facilitate/control access. Bookmark Dired states. Open Dired on predefined sets of files located anywhere.
- ChangeLog – Log the changes to your source files.
- EmacsCodeBrowser – provides views of directories and files that go one step beyond what SpeedBar does
- mk-project – Quickly switch between projects and perform operations on a per-project basis
- ProjectSettings – Configuration settings for an entire project (directory).
- ProjectWizard – simple, customizable project wizard
- ProjmanMode – move between different projects (directories) maintaining options and open buffers for each
- SimpleProjectManagment – A simple project managment
- SpeedBar – provides alternate views into individual source files
- SrSpeedbar – Display speedbar in same frame, very handy!
- StartProject – Start framework projects (Django, Rails, SproutCore?, etc.)
- VersionControl – Manage revisions to your source files.