My name is Andy Stewart and I am a programmer living and working in China. Please excuse my English as it is not always the best! Feel free to correct any glaring errors you encounter.
I’ve used Gnu Emacs since 2007, I love it and use it for pretty much everything (programming, irc, music, file-manager, mail, newsgroup, wiki, notes… etc.). Almost anything that you can imagine.
I use Debian as my main Operating System.
I have signed the copyright document for the FSF so my contributions may be distributed accordingly. Free feel to copy any code you like and don’t need my permission, just enjoy! :)
- Have many people ask me for add new feature or fix bug of my stuff, but i haven’t time maintain those code anymore.
- I’m looking for Emacs hacker take over my extensions.
- If you interested my extension and want maintain it, please send mail to me, thank you very much! – AndyStewart
- Below are standalone packages, i will update them all the time.
- Part of Gnu Emacs.
- Not part of Emacs.
- Enhanced packages.
- Below are enhanced packages, some packages need many depend libraries, so copy any code you like. :)
- Elisp installer:
- RSS and Atom:
- Newsgroup and Mail:
- Input method:
- Below are part of my configuration files.
- Just for example, i won’t update those configuration files all the time.
- File and Buffer:
- Spell Check:
- Newsgroup and Mail:
- RSS and Atom:
Yasnippet Template Code
- Here have my template code for Yasnippet.
Use SCIM in Emacs
- I have wrote EnglishTutorial that how to use SCIM in Emacs.
- And ChineseTutorial have the Chinese version of tutorial.
Emacs Lisp Reference Manual
- I have wrote Chinese notes about “Emacs Lisp Reference Manual (22.214.171.124)” at here.
- Chinese user can read those notes to study Emacs.
Emacs Lisp Programming
- I have wrote Chinese notes about “Emacs Lisp Programming” at here.
Programming in Emacs Lisp: An introduction
- I have wrote Chinese notes about “Programming in Emacs Lisp: An introduction” at here.
- IRC: ManateeLazyCat.
- Mail: lazycat dot manatee at gmail dot com
- Thanks to RichardRiley correct my English, advices and many other help.
- Thanks to rubikitch for patches, advices and many other help.
- Thanks to DrewAdams for improve documentation and advices.
- Thanks to Juanma Barranquero for patches, advices for Irfc.
- And thanks all emacsers that provide help! :)
Welcome to the Wiki! Thanks for sharing your large collection of Emacs libraries. – AaronHawley
- Hi, all.
- I will leave Emacs soon.
- The main reason that make me leave Emacs is not Emacs environment, is elisp, elisp is not powerful enough.
- So i think it’s time to change…
- Sorry i can’t do more contributions for Emacs world, but i’m very enjoy the time that explored Emacs.
- And i’m very happy to know so many emacsers…
- I’m glad to help others even i never use Emacs anymore, i like share my knowledge.
- My code perhaps have bug or flaw, please hacking it self, i really haven’t time to write elisp code. Sorry.
- And anyone can re-release my code and don’t need my permission, all my code is under GPL!
- Find someone take over my extension
- Now i’m finding someone to take over my elisp package.
- If anyone interested my elisp package, please add at below (or mail to me).
- Please don’t ask me why, i don’t want to fall into an endless debate.
- If you want to take over my elisp package, just leave your name here, otherwise i will ignore. Thanks! – AndyStewart
I wish you’d elaborate. How is elisp not powerful enough? What are you migrating to?
- Sorry, i do not want to further. Just one thing, I will leave… – AndyStewart
- That’s OK, didn’t mean any offense. Thank you for your many contributions, and good luck. :)
While Andy has every right to remain mum regarding his opinion of elisp there is ample evidence that he has taken an interest in Haskell. – JohnYates?
Best of luck to you, Andy, and thanks for all of your EmacsLisp contributions. – DrewAdams
I am very sad to read that. Anyway, thank you very much for your contributions. We hope to see you again soon :) – XavierMaillard
What I doing after leaving Emacs?
Many people are curious, what i doing after leaving Emacs?
- I’m hacking Haskell to build my own OS:
- Video (Select 720p HD version)
- IRC channel : irc.freenode.net 6667 ##manatee
- Mailing-List : email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please watch Video to understand “what’s it”.
- Any suggestion and contribution are welcome! :)
- To Emacs fans,
- My project’s aim is real OS, please don’t compare it with Emacs.
- Choose any software you favorites, please do not debate with me endless, thank you very much! :) – AndyStewart