I’m a Emacs newbie, started using Emacs since late of 2009.
Although a Chinese guy, fortunately the first version of Emacs that I used in GNU Emacs 23.1, which supports unicode and xft. Thus I was not bothered with those problems relating to fonts and charsets described in many Chinese articles by other guyes.
Blog: http://bamanzi.cnblogs.com (mostly in Chinese) http://bamanzi3.blogspot.com (old blog. not longer updated because f**king GFW prevents our access)
My emacs configurations: http://bitubucket.org/bamanzi/dotemacs-full/
Some my stuff:
- Emacs Manual CHM project aims to providing chm version of GNU Emacs, so that you can read them on some occasions when chm is more convinient
- auto-complete-scite-api - auto-completion source with scite API files (please read the source code for English introduction.)
- delphi-ext.el improves pascal-mode to make it support object pascal & delphi better: highlighting object pascal keywords, imenu support for object pascal class and new commands to jump between function/method declartion and implementation
- OutlineOrgLike - Use OrgMode like headings in any major-mode (e.g. in emacs-lisp-mode, any line starting with “;;*” would be section heading. Based on code stolen from FabriceNiessen's dotemacs file.) Refer source code file for English instructions.
- mark-copy-something.el is a quick-and-dirty package to mark/copy something. It was written in early days in my emacs history, at that time I don’t know about thing-at-point. Maybe someday I’ll rewrite it.