– AlexSchroeder 2012-08-28 15:33 UTC
As a new user, I was reluctant to shift around the existing organization.
– roland.walker 2012-08-28 15:55 UTC
That sounds like an excellent solution.
– AlexSchroeder 2012-08-29 08:36 UTC
That is in general a much better approach, IMO. Create a normal page first, within an existing category (or categories). After use and discussion, we can decide later whether to promote it to a category.
I wish you would do likewise with all of the categories you have created recently: turn them into regular pages, perhaps reorganize the category page (e.g. group related links pertaining to your new “subcategory” page), and – after some use – open a discussion to promote your new page as a category.
– DrewAdams 2012-08-29 14:26 UTC
– DrewAdams 2012-08-29 14:28 UTC
I don’t understand the last comment: There was a section on the Data page listing modes for editing data with just one entry (CSV files). This one entry was moved to the DataModes page. No further changes to the Data category page seem to be required?
– AlexSchroeder 2012-08-29 20:07 UTC
– DrewAdams 2012-08-29 20:51 UTC