metapost-mode+.el is an extension to old metapost-mode.el in GNU Emacs. It will add following new features to metapost-mode:
- Compile the .mp file and preview the results smartly by C-c C-c.
- Notify user when the compile is failed and jump to error line with C-c `.
- Support metapost with LaTeX labels.
- GNU Emacs 23.2+ (with corresponding version of metapost-mode.el and doc-view.el)
- Workable TeX/LaTeX installation, including ghostscript/epstopdf
- MacOSX Snow Leopard and Ubuntu are tested, other linux should work. Windows is not tested and probably breaks.
Dev at github
- make sure your metapost, gs and epstopdf work. Try ``metapost some.mp and ``epstopdf some.eps to check it.
- make sure your doc-view.el is newer than the corresponding version with GNU Emacs 23.2
- add (require ‘metapost-mode+) to your .emacs
- open some example in the test dir on github, such as MultiFigure?.mp.
- C-c C-c to see the preview figure