Modes that allow you to easily create and edit tables. A table is consists of a number of text fragments called cells arranged in rows and columns. Table editing should make it easy to edit only a single cell, move from cell to cell, create and kill entire rows and columns, and so on.
- TableMode the big table editing mode.
- OrgMode contains a minor mode which you can use independently. Activate it using
‘M-x orgtbl-mode’. Org Table Minor Mode allows formulas and integrates the Calc, but recalculation of all formulas is not automatic.
- SimpleEmacsSpreadsheet (SES) is even more focused on doing what a spreadsheet should do. Formulas and automatic recalculation are included.
- ArrayMode comes with Emacs but is extremely primitive.
- TransposeParagraphAsTable will treat any paragraph in a document as a space-separated text table and transpose and align it.