These are some packages used for XML processing in Emacs or XEmacs:
- Icicles Search has commands to search the contents of selected XML elements (e.g. those in the region):
‘icicle-search-xml-element’ – search elements whose names match a regexp
‘icicle-search-thing’ with thing-type
‘sexp’ – when in
‘nxml-sexp-element-flag’ controls what sexp means – set it to
‘t’ if you want whole elements as sexps.
- NxmlMode – Major mode for emacs. Probably the best available mode for XML.
- PsgmlMode – major mode for editing SGML and XML documents. This is more complicated, and feature rich than XmlMode, but less flexible. If you have a validating DTD for your XML, using PSGML will provide a variety of very useful features, most notably context sensitive help in inserting tags and attributes.
- XmlMode – editing XML, indentation, font-lock offered. simpler than PSGML, doesn’t try to parse DTD.
- XmlParser – programming with XML, see also XmlParserExamples
- XmlSoxMode – edit XML in a SOX view.
- xslide – major mode for editing XSLT
- XSLT-process – minor mode for doing XSLT processing and debugging
- XmlRpc – package for RPC calls using XML.
- TeXmacs – intends to support native editing of XML documents (not quite Emacs, but it has a similar spirit)
- DtmlMode – editing Zope’s DTML
- DocbookXmlMode – Major mode for Emacs with specific knowledge of the DocBook catalog.
- TextEncodingInitiativeEmacs – Emacs distribution for authoring TEI XML documents.
- XAE – XML Authoring Environment for Emacs (link is broken).
- XmlCoding – coding system from ?xml tag (Emacs 21)
- XmlGen – sexp → xml generation.
Here is an article by BrianGillan? (IBM) on Getting and installing Emacs, Adding PSGML for SGML and XML modes, Editing a document with PSGML, and Using SP or OpenSP for SGML and XML validation…
From the BobDuCharme book SGML CD, here is a longish (99 pages) chapter on using Emacs to edit SGML/XML files using PSGML. Also contains Polish and Russian translations.
This category is equivalent to the Open Directory category.
- tdtd – Emacs mode for editing DTDs