What I use Emacs for
I have been using Emacsen almost exclusively since 1990, XEmacs since release, but moved to GnuEmacs about two years ago and regret not having made the move sooner. I now download and build GnuEmacs from the CVS repository weekly.
Emacs Lisp packages in progress
- Here are some emacs packages I have been toying with I hope some of this is useful to someone.
- These provide additional source functions I have written (with a great deal of help from TobyCubitt) for the excellent CompletionUI to interface it to InteractiveSpell, EmacsLisp, BbdbMode, OrgMode and ProgrammableCompletion for the [[Eshell?]].
- This is an extension to CompletionUI I am developing to allow convenient switching between the many completion mechanisms.
- These are two of the OrgMode extension packages I am playing with.
Emacs Configuration Files
- Here are a few of my Emacs configuration files. The contents of these files has been cobbled together from many sources, in particular this Wiki, many mailing lists, the web and of course by reading the documentation and source code of GnuEmacs itself and the many add-on packages which are readily available.
A Word of Thanks
I would like to thank all those who organize and contribute to this excellent Wiki, which adds greatly to the pleasure of configuring, extending and using Emacs.