Click the title to search for all pages belonging to the Faces category.
See also CategoryFrames and CategoryDisplay for info on fonts and things related to the display.
Here are some of the pages in CategoryFaces.
- AngryFruitSalad – Get more modest font-lock faces (i.e. colorization)
- AnsiColor – have Emacs interpret nasty escape sequences from subprocesses such as shells
- AnSys – make Emacs highlight your Ansys-Files
- BufferBackgroundColor – a temporary solution for buffer background color
- ColorPalette – examine or modify colors in various ways, including by name, RGB, and HSV
- ColorTheme – a package with dozens of color themes to choose from
- ColorThemeCollection – a place for new color themes
- ColorsAndKde – sometimes changing the colors within Emacs has no effect if you are using KDE
- CursorOnLinuxConsole – how to modifiy the TextCursor on the Linux console
- CustomizingFaces – how to customize faces
- DefineFaceConstant – a macro for defining faces (and associated variables) easily
- DoReMi – WYSIWYG commands to incrementally change face colors (foreground & background) on the fly, using the arrow keys or mouse wheel to modify color components: red, green, blue, hue, saturation, value, cyan, magenta, or yellow (RGB, HSV, CMY) – see Lisp:doremi-frm.el
- Echoline – a minor mode for octave which highlights “echoing” lines that does not end with a “;” or that do not cause echo such as “plot” or “figure”
- FaceList – listing all the faces currently defined
- FaceMenuPlus – extensions to menu Text Properties and the
‘*Faces*’ display (
‘list-faces-display’). Click some text that has a face, then change its colors in various ways (color palette, incrementally with the arrow keys or mouse wheel,…). Select some text, then choose a face to apply to it, by appearance (not just name). More…
- FontLockMode – Syntax highlighting.
- HighlightTemporarily – How to highlight and unhighlight regexps, regions, characters…
- Icicles - Search for Properties – Search for text that has certain overlay or text properties; navigate among zones of text with faces.
- ListColors – Show colors having defined color names.
- PointerShape – Change the shape of the MousePointer (X Windows only).
- SetFonts – Change font or font size; install fonts.
- ShowWhiteSpace – Highlight various kinds of whitespace
- TextProperties – Properties, including
‘face’, that you can attach to text in a buffer or a string.
- VisibleMark – Make the mark visible
- XfacesSupport for Emacs 20
- XTermColors – Use 256 colors with xterm.
- SwitchColorThemeMatlabLatex – Switch between a dark theme and a bright theme simulating the visual effect of the matlab programming environment.
WikiTodo: If too many pages relate to display and frames, perhaps it would be more appropriate to put them into a separate category, or a subcategory. See FrameModes for frame configurations, functions, and commands.
Preserving face information when saving: