This page collects tools that help programmers be more productive with programs written in languages such as C, C++, and Java. Click the page heading to list all pages with information related to utilities for programming.
For EmacsLisp coding support, see CategoryCode. More general Emacs programming information is at CategoryProgramming. Debugging tools are listed in CategoryDebug.
If you are looking for an interface to an external utility not directly related to programming, see CategoryExternalUtilities instead.
See also CategoryVersionControl.
- ArScanner – Help free-software developers manage author rights and licenses.
- DoxyMacs – Documentation system for C and C++.
- JavadocHelp – Search a Java class through multiple online and local javadocs.
- JdeDocIndex – Native Javadoc integration for the Emacs JDE.
- SemanticRecoder – Smart comment writer and texinfo code generator.
- TexiDoclet – Generate Java documentation in Info format.
- DiffMode – Inspect, edit and apply diffs.
- EdiffMode – Interactively diff, merge, and patch.
- EdiffTrees – Recursively use EdiffMode for two variants of a directory tree.
- EdiffUrl – Compare buffer to a web URL.
- EmergeDiff – Graphical interface to
- DircmpMode – Compare two directories recursively. Display a list of all differing files in a single buffer. Invoke Ediff on any pair of files compared.
- ZtreeDiff – Yet another directory compare/merge tool
- DitzMode – Interface to the Ditz distributed bug tracker.
- BugzMode – Interface to the Bugzilla bug tracker.
Package management and installers
- TestR – Minor mode for Ruby TDD.
- ToggleTest – A Language, tech stack independent tool to quickly create/switch between Test files and Source (Test Subject) files
Related tools and information