Lisp:worklog.el is used to keep track of time you spend on tasks. It allows you to summarize the tasks for easy overview of how much time you spent on tasks.
Since version 2.3 worklog.el is compatible between GNU Emacs and XEmacs.
I put up my development version on github: http://github.com/credmp/worklog/tree/master
The actual homepage of the mode moved to: http://www.credmp.org/WorkLog.html
I found that worklog is nice but the fact that it has to switch to the .worklog buffer was pretty annoying.
I wrote a cheezy hack to get around it. I’m not a very talented ELisp hacker so please feel free to better this code.
(defun worklog-quick-start (task) (interactive "sTask: ") (let (curbuf (current-buffer)) (worklog-do-task task t) (switch-to-buffer curbuf t)))
(defun worklog-quick-stop () (interactive) (let (curbuf (current-buffer)) (worklog-task-stop) (switch-to-buffer curbuf t)))
Cool! I will take this into the development version of worklog… probably more people would like to use this – ArjenWiersma
I use worklog.el for all my time tracking, and it’s been very good so far.
It wouldn’t be bad if I could either do a *worklog_summary* page in hh:mm or hours and (decimal) fractional hours. It’s easy to convert the few entries under tasks; it’s more work to do all the entries under “by date.”
Finally, I found an anomaly today. I have a day in my .worklog that looks like
2006-06-08 08:35 login 2006-06-08 08:35 task1 2006-06-08 10:17 stop 2006-06-08 13:30 task2 2006-06-08 15:30 stop 2006-06-08 21:03 task1 2006-06-08 22:19 stop 2006-06-08 22:19 logout
Unfortunately, the *worklog_summary* page section looks like
2006-06-08 2.58 task1
I noticed it, because I added task2 today manually, and it didn’t increment the overall sum for task2. I have this problem with version 2.3 and 2.4.1. If you see what could be causing this and fix it, I’d be really grateful.