auto-indent-mode.el — Auto indent Minor mode
- Filename – auto-indent-mode.el
- Description – Auto Indent text on Yank/Paste
- Author – Matthew L. Fidler, Le Wang & Others
- Maintainer – Matthew L. Fidler
- Created – Sat Nov 6 11:02:07 2010 (-0500)
- Version – 0.108
- Last-Updated – Tue Aug 21 13:08:42 2012 (-0500)
- By – Matthew L. Fidler
- Update # – 1467
- URL – https://github.com/mlf176f2/auto-indent-mode.el/
- Keywords – Auto Indentation
- Compatibility – Tested with Emacs 23.x
Provides auto-indentation minor mode for Emacs. This allows the following:
- Return automatically indents the code appropriately (if enabled)
- Pasting/Yanking indents the appropriately
- Killing line will take off unneeded spaces (if enabled)
- On visit file, indent appropriately, but DONT SAVE. (Pretend like nothing happened, if enabled)
- On save, optionally unttabify, remove trailing white-spaces, and definitely indent the file (if enabled).
- TextMate behavior of keys if desired (see below)
- Deleting the end of a line will shrink the whitespace to just one (if desired and enabled)
- Automatically indent balanced parenthetical expression, or sexp, if desired auto-indent-current-pairs or auto-indent-next-pair is set to be true (disabled by default). This is not immediate but occurs after a bit to allow better responsiveness in emacs.
- Attempts to set the indentation level (number of spaces for an indent) for a major-mode.
All of these options can be customized. (customize auto-indent)
To use put this in your load path and then put the following in your emacs file:
(setq auto-indent-on-visit-file t)
If you (almost) always want this on, add the following to ~/.emacs:
Excluded modes are defined in auto-indent-disabled-modes-list
If you only want this on for a single mode, you would add the following to ~/.emacs
(add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'auto-indent-mode)
You could always turn on the minor mode with the command auto-indent-mode
Auto-indent and repositories
auto-indent-mode will now be more conservative when it determines that you are in a repository. It will only indent the local area you are editing. This can be changed to be conservative everywhere by:
(setq auto-indent-indent-style 'conservative)
You can revert to the old behavior of aggressive by:
(setq auto-indent-indent-style 'aggressive)
Setting the number of spaces for indenting major modes
While this is controlled by the major mode, as a convenience, auto-indent-mode attempts to set the default number of spaces for an indentation for specific major mode.
This is done by:
- Making local variables of all the variables specified in auto-indent-known-indent-level-variables and setting them to auto-indent’s auto-indent-assign-indent-level
- Looking to see if major mode variables major-mode-indent-level and major-mode-basic-offset variables are present. If either of these variables are present, auto-indent-mode sets these variables to the default auto-indent-assign-indent-level.
TextMate Meta-Return behavior
If you would like TextMate behavior of Meta-RETURN going to the end of the line and then inserting a newline, as well as Meta-shift return going to the end of the line, inserting a semi-colon then inserting a newline, use the following:
(setq auto-indent-key-for-end-of-line-then-newline "<M-return>")
(setq auto-indent-key-for-end-of-line-insert-char-then-newline "<M-S-return>")
This may or may not work on your system. Many times emacs cannot distinguish between M-RET and M-S-RET, so if you don’t mind a slight redefinition use:
(setq auto-indent-key-for-end-of-line-then-newline "<M-return>")
(setq auto-indent-key-for-end-of-line-insert-char-then-newline "<C-M-return>")
If you want to insert something other than a semi-colon (like a colon) in a specific mode, say colon-mode, do the following:
(add-hook 'colon-mode-hook (lambda () (setq auto-indent-eol-char ":")))
Notes about autopair-mode and yasnippet compatibility
If you wish to use this with autopairs and yasnippet, please load this library first.
Using specific functions from auto-indent-mode
Also if you wish to just use specific functions from this library that is possible as well.
To have the auto-indentation delete characters use:
(autoload 'auto-indent-delete-char "auto-indent-mode" "" t)
(define-key global-map [remap delete-char] 'auto-indent-delete-char)
(autoload 'auto-indent-kill-line "auto-indent-mode" "" t)
(define-key global-map [remap kill-line] 'auto-indent-kill-line)
However, this does not honor the excluded modes in auto-indent-disabled-modes-list
Making certain modes perform tasks on paste/yank.
Sometimes, like in R, it is convenient to paste c:\ and change it to c:/. This can be accomplished by modifying the auto-indent-after-yank-hook.
The code for changing the paths is as follows:
(defun kicker-ess-fix-path (beg end)
"Fixes ess path"
(narrow-to-region beg end)
(when (looking-at "[A-Z]:\\\\")
(while (search-forward "\\" nil t)
(defun kicker-ess-turn-on-fix-path ()
(when (string= "S" ess-language)
(add-hook 'auto-indent-after-yank-hook 'kicker-ess-fix-path t t)))
(add-hook 'ess-mode-hook 'kicker-ess-turn-on-fix-path)
Another R-hack is to take of the “>” and “+” of a command line copy. For example copying:
> ## set up
> availDists <- c(Normal<tt>"rnorm", Exponential</tt>"rexp")
> availKernels <- c("gaussian", "epanechnikov", "rectangular",
+ "triangular", "biweight", "cosine", "optcosine")
Should give the following code on paste:
## set up
availDists <- c(Normal<tt>"rnorm", Exponential</tt>"rexp")
availKernels <- c("gaussian", "epanechnikov", "rectangular",
"triangular", "biweight", "cosine", "optcosine")
This is setup by the following code snippet:
(defun kicker-ess-fix-code (beg end)
"Fixes ess path"
(narrow-to-region beg end)
(while (re-search-forward "^[ \t]*[>][ \t]+" nil t)
(while (looking-at "[ \t\n]*[+][ \t]+")
(defun kicker-ess-turn-on-fix-code ()
(when (string= "S" ess-language)
(add-hook 'auto-indent-after-yank-hook 'kicker-ess-fix-code t t)))
(add-hook 'ess-mode-hook 'kicker-ess-turn-on-fix-code)
Auto-indent and org-mode
Auto-indent does not technically turn on for org-mode. Instead the following can be added/changed:
- org-indent-mode is turned on when auto-indent-start-org-indent is true.
- The return behavior is changed to newline and indent in code blocks when auto-indent-fix-org-return is true.
- The backspace behavior is changed to auto-indent’s backspace when auto-indent-delete-backward-char is true. This only works in code blocks.
- The home beginning of line behavior is changed to auto-indent’s when auto-indent-fix-org-move-beginning-of-line is true.
- The yank/paste behavior is changed to auto-indent in a code block when auto-indent-fix-org-yank is true.
- The auto-filling activity in source-code blocks can break your code depending on the language. When auto-indent-fix-org-auto-fill is true, auto-filling is turned off inorg-mode source blocks.
Why isn't my mode indenting?
Some modes are excluded for compatability reasons, such as text-modes. This is controlled by the variable auto-indent-disabled-modes-list
Why isn't my specific mode have the right number of spaces?
Actually, the number of spaces for indentation is controlled by the major mode. If there is a major-mode specific variable that controls this offset, you can add this variable to auto-indent-known-indent-level-variables to change the indentation for this mode when auto-indent-mode starts.
How do I add a variable to the auto-indent tab offset?
You can add the variable by using =M-x customize-group auto-indent-mode= and then add the variable to auto-indent-known-indent-levels. Another way is to use lisp:
(add-to-list 'auto-indent-known-indent-levels 'c-basic-offset)
How do I change the auto-indent default offset?
You can change auto-indent’s default offset by:
(setq auto-indent-assign-indent-level 4)
How do I turn of auto-indent assignment?
When auto-indent finds a tab-size variable, it assigns the indentation level to the globally defined auto-indent-assign-indent-level. If you do not want this to happen you can turn it off by
(setq auto-indent-assign-indent-level-variables nil)
Why is auto-indent-mode changing tabs to spaces
I prefer tabs instead of spaces. You may prefer the other way. The options to change this are:
(setq auto-indent-mode-untabify-on-yank-or-paste nil)
to keep tabs upon paste.
(setq auto-indent-untabify-on-visit-file nil)
To keep tabs upon visiting a file.
(setq auto-indent-untabify-on-save-file nil)
to turn off changing tabs to spaces on file save.
(setq auto-indent-backward-delete-char-behavior nil)
So that backspace doesn’t change tabs to spaces.
If you wish to be more extreme you can also change spaces to tabs by:
(setq auto-indent-mode-untabify-on-yank-or-paste 'tabify)
to keep tabs upon paste.
(setq auto-indent-untabify-on-visit-file 'tabify)
To keep tabs upon visiting a file.
(setq auto-indent-untabify-on-save-file 'tabify)
Argh -- Auto-indent is messing with my indentation. What can I do?
If you do not like the default indentation style of a particular mode, sometimes you may adjust the indetation by hand. Then you press the return button and all your hard work is erased. This can be quite frustrating.
What is happening, is that auto-indent is fixing the current line’s indentation and then indenting the next line on pressing enter. This can be turned off customizing the auto-indent-newline-function to
(setq auto-indent-newline-function 'newline-and-indent)
This will insert a newline and then indent. Not reindent according to the major mode’s conventions.
- 03-Oct-2013 – Set the indent variables globally (should fix Issue #27). Also makes these variables stick after auto-indent is turned off. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 25-Aug-2013 – Upload and change version (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 16-Aug-2013 – Changed last-command to this-command. Now the new yank engine actually runs. (Issue #6 and Issue #23) (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 16-Aug-2013 – Changed auto-indent’s yank engine to be in the post-command-hook. May fix Issue #24 and Issue #6 (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 15-Aug-2013 – Added unindent block close. Its based on each’s mode’s syntax table (hopefully they are correct). Should also address Issue #24. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 29-Jul-2013 – Should fix Issue #21. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 25-Jul-2013 – Push again. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 25-Jul-2013 – Fix issue #20. Add tabify region and buffer options. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 24-Jul-2013 – Updated FAQ for readme.org 6-Jul-2013 Matthew L. Fidler Last-Updated: Tue Aug 21 13:08:42 2012 (-0500) #1467 (Matthew L. Fidler) Updated documentation for a better description of assigning the indent level across modes. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 15-May-2013 – Made the indentation selective. Should fix Issue #15. 9-May-2013 Matthew L. Fidler Last-Updated: Tue Aug 21 13:08:42 2012 (-0500) #1467 (Matthew L. Fidler) Changed the AI indicator to be used at all times. That way it doesn’t interfere with the diminish package. I believe that is the standard way to take off mode lines. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 18-Mar-2013 – Should fix issue #14 (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 18-Mar-2013 – Add bug fix for Issue #13 (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Mar-2013 – Push again after merging minibuffer fix (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Mar-2013 – Remove all starred comments. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Mar-2013 – Fixed Github Issue #11. Org-readme doesn’t like the starred variable names (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Mar-2013 – Figured out the duplicated information was caused by a starred variable. This convention is now depreciated, and caused an error with org-readme. Therefore, it has been changed. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Mar-2013 – Push new version. I believe that the strange duplication issue is fixed. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Mar-2013 – Attempt to fix issue #11 (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 05-Dec-2012 – Added support for new ergoemacs-mode. Also provided updated bug-fix for indent-region (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 19-Nov-2012 – Bug fix for aligning parenthetical region when a yasnippet is active (It messes up yasnippet expansions.) (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 12-Nov-2012 – Bug fix for overflows and NaNs (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 17-Oct-2012 – Bug fix for yanking in org-mode. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 17-Oct-2012 – Now auto-indent-mode can suppress auto-fill in source code blocks. Small bug fix for yanking. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 12-Oct-2012 – Add auto-indent on yank support for org-mode code buffers (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 12-Oct-2012 – Removed History section from texinfo file. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 12-Oct-2012 – Fix header readme by using the latest version of org-readme. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 12-Oct-2012 – Took out documentation that started with a star since it messes up org-readme. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 12-Oct-2012 – Trying to fix header (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 12-Oct-2012 – Added better org-mode support for code-blocks. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 12-Sep-2012 – Fixed commentary section. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 12-Sep-2012 – Changed yasnippet checking to be compatible with yasnippet 0.8’s function renaming. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 21-Aug-2012 – Attempt to fix documentation with updated org-readme. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 21-Aug-2012 – Added auto-indent-next-pair-timer-interval-max and a bug fix to the interval-growth algorithm. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 21-Aug-2012 – Attempt to change documentation. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 21-Aug-2012 – Changed the default auto-indent-next-pairt-timer-interval-do-not-grow to nil. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 20-Aug-2012 – Drop Readme.md (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 20-Aug-2012 – Another documentation revision. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 20-Aug-2012 – Documentation update. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 20-Aug-2012 – Added a generic function to change the number of spaces for an indentation. Should fix issue #4. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 20-Aug-2012 – Clarified documentation (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 20-Aug-2012 – Added some documentation about major mode indentation issues. 7-Aug-2012 Matthew L. Fidler Last-Updated: Sun Aug 5 12:36:11 2012 (-0500) #1411 (Matthew L. Fidler) Changed a mistake in the documentation; Autoindenting of balanced sexps are not supported by default but need to be enabled. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 04-Aug-2012 – Added ability to turn off dynamic growth of timers per mode. The algorithm to change has not been perfected yet. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 04-Aug-2012 – Fixed a bug introduced by cleaning typos. Changing again. (Matthew L. Idler)
- 03-Aug-2012 – Save indentation settings on exit emacs. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 03-Aug-2012 – Fixed Documentation, and a few minor bugs caught by linting. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 30-Jul-2012 – Made the Fix for issue #3 more specific to org tables. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 30-Jul-2012 – Actual Fix for Issue #3. Now the delete character may not work in org-mode. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 23-Jul-2012 – Fix Issue #3. Thanks harrylove for pointing it out. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 02-Jul-2012 – Have an mode-based timer normalized to the number of lines used for next parenthetical indentation. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 26-Jun-2012 – Bug fix for point-shift involved in auto-indent-after-yank-hook (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Jun-2012 – Added auto-indent-after-yank-hook (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 18-May-2012 – Changed auto-indent-next-pair to be off by default. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Mar-2012 – Made timer for parenthetical statements customizable. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 06-Mar-2012 – Speed enhancements for parenthetical statements. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 05-Mar-2012 – Bug fix for autopair-backspace. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 05-Mar-2012 – Have backspace cancel parenthetical alignment timer canceling (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 29-Feb-2012 – Bug fix for paren handling. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 29-Feb-2012 – Made the handling of pairs a timer-based function so it doesn’t interfere with work flow. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 29-Feb-2012 – Better handling of pairs. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 28-Feb-2012 – Added subsequent-whole-line from Le Wang’s fork. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 14-Feb-2012 – Fixing issue #2 (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 01-Feb-2012 – Added makefile-gmake-mode to the excluded auto-indent modes. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 22-Dec-2011 – Added bug fix for home-key (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 21-Dec-2011 – Added another smart delete case. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 14-Dec-2011 – Went back to last known working auto-indent-def-del-forward-char and deleted message. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 14-Dec-2011 – Another Paren (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 14-Dec-2011 – Paren Bug Fix. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 14-Dec-2011 – Changed the auto-indent-kill-remove-extra-spaces default to nil so that you copy-paste what you expect. (us041375)
- 10-Dec-2011 – Bug fix for annoying old debugging macros. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 08-Dec-2011 – Added autoload cookie. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 08-Dec-2011 – Bug fix for duplicate macros (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 08-Dec-2011 – Added (( and )) to the automatically delete extra whitespace at the end of a function list. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 08-Dec-2011 – Added auto-indent-alternate-return-function-for-end-of-line-then-newline option (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 08-Dec-2011 – Added a possibility of adding a space if necessary. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 08-Dec-2011 – Smarter delete end of line character enhancements. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 08-Dec-2011 – Changed default options. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 29-Nov-2011 – Bug Fix in auto-indent-mode-pre-command-hook (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 28-Nov-2011 – Bugfix for auto-indent-mode (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 21-Nov-2011 – Changed auto-indent-after-begin-or-finish-sexp to be called after every other hook has been run. That way autopair-mode should be indented correctly. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 18-Nov-2011 – Added auto-indent-after-begin-or-finish-sexp (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 08-Apr-2011 – Bug fix for when Yasnippet is disabled. Now will work with it disabled or enabled. (MatthewL. Fidler)
- 08-Mar-2011 – Changed auto-indent-delete-line-char-remove-extra-spaces to nil by default. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 16-Feb-2011 – Added a just one space function for pasting (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 15-Feb-2011 – Removed the deactivation of advices when this mode is turned off. I think it was causing some issues. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 10-Feb-2011 – Added check to make sure not trying to paste on indent for auto-indent-disabled-modes-list (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 03-Feb-2011 – Swap backward-delete-char with backward-delete-char-untabify. Also use auto-indent-backward-delete-char-behavior when auto-indent-mode is active. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 03-Feb-2011 – Added definition of cua-copy-region to advised functions (I thought it would have been taken care of with kill-ring-save) (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 03-Feb-2011 – Added option to delete indentation when copying or cutting regions using kill-region and kill-ring-save. Also changed auto-indent-kill-line-remove-extra-spaces to auto-indent-kill-remove-extra-spaces (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 03-Feb-2011 – Made sure that auto-indent-kill-line doesn’t use the kill-line advice. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 03-Feb-2011 – (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 03-Feb-2011 – Another kill-line bug-fix. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 03-Feb-2011 – Fixed the kill-line bug (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 03-Feb-2011 – yank engine bug fix. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 03-Feb-2011 – Bug fix for determining if the function is a yank (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 02-Feb-2011 – Added kill-line bug-fix from Le Wang. Also there is a the bug of when called as a function, you need to check for disabled modes every time. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 02-Feb-2011 – Added interactive requriment again. This time tried to back-guess if the key has been hijacked. If so assume it was called interactively. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 01-Feb-2011 – Took out the interactive requirement again. Causes bugs like org-delete-char below. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 01-Feb-2011 – Bug fix for org-delete-char (and possibly others). Allow delete-char to have auto-indent changed behavior when the command lookup is the same as the delete command (as well as if it is called interactively) (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 01-Feb-2011 – Added bugfix to kill-line advice and function (from Le Wang) (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 01-Feb-2011 – Added cua-paste and cua-paste-pop (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 01-Feb-2011 – Added auto-indent on move up and down with the arrow keys. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 01-Feb-2011 – Added a keyboard engine that indents instead of using hooks and advices. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 01-Feb-2011 – Removed the interactivity in the hooks. They are definitely not interactive. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 01-Feb-2011 – Added Le Wang’s fixes:
- Many functions are checked for interactivity
- Kill-line prefix argument is fixed
- Kill region when region is active is controled by auto-indent-kill-line-kill-region-when-active
- Kill-line when at eol has more options
- Change auto-indent-indentation-function to auto-indent-newline-function (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 31-Jan-2011 – Removed indirect reference to shrink-whitespaces. Thanks Le Wang (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 31-Jan-2011 – Added explicit requirement for functions (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 18-Jan-2011 – Added support to turn on org-indent-mode when inside an org-file. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 12-Jan-2011 – Added fix for ortbl-minor-mode. Now it will work when orgtbl-minor mode is enabled. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 09-Dec-2010 – Bugfix. Now instead of indenting the region pasted, indent the region-pasted + beginning of line at region begin and end of line at region end. (Matthew L. Fidler) 02-Dec-2010 Matthew L. Fidler
Last-Updated: Thu Dec 2 13:02:02 2010 (-0600) #411 (Matthew L. Fidler) Made ignoring of modes with indent-relative and indent-relative-maybe apply to indenting returns as well.
- 02-Dec-2010 – Removed auto-indent on paste/yank for modes with indent-relative and indent-relative-maybe. This has annoyed me forever. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 02-Dec-2010 – Added an advice to delete-char. When deleting a new-line character, shrink white-spaces afterward. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 02-Dec-2010 – Speed enhancement by checking for yasnippets only on indentation. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 29-Nov-2010 – Bug fix to allow authotkey files to save. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 29-Nov-2010 – Change auto-indent-on-save to be disabled by default. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 22-Nov-2010 – Yasnippet bug-fix. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 22-Nov-2010 – auto-indent bug fix for save on save buffer hooks. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 16-Nov-2010 – Added conf-windows-mode to ignored modes. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 15-Nov-2010 – Bugfix for deletion of whitespace (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 15-Nov-2010 – Bugfix for post-command-hook. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 15-Nov-2010 – Added diff-mode to excluded modes for auto-indentaion. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 15-Nov-2010 – Added fundamental mode to excluded modes for auto-indentation. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Nov-2010 – Bug fix try #3 (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Nov-2010 – Anothe bug-fix for yasnippet. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 13-Nov-2010 – Bug fix for auto-indent-mode. Now it checks to make sure that last-command-event is non-nil. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 11-Nov-2010 – Put back processes in. Made the return key handled by pre and post-command-hooks. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 11-Nov-2010 – Took out processes such as R or eshell (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 09-Nov-2010 – Bug fix when interacting with the SVN version of yasnippet. It will not perform the line indentation when Yasnippet is running. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 09-Nov-2010 – Made sure that the auto-paste indentation doesn’t work in minibuffer. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 09-Nov-2010 – When auto-indent-pre-command-hook is inactivated by some means, add it back. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 09-Nov-2010 – Added snippet-mode to excluded modes. Also turned off the kill-line by default. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 07-Nov-2010 – Added the possibility of TextMate type returns. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 07-Nov-2010 – Bug fix where backspace on indented region stopped working.Added TextMate (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 07-Nov-2010 – Another small bug fix. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 07-Nov-2010 – Added bugfix and also allow movement on blank lines to be automatically indented to the correct position. (Matthew L. Fidler)
- 06-Nov-2010 – Initial release. (Matthew L. Fidler)
This was generated with OrgReadme. On updating the library, this page is likely to be replaced with updated content.