Internet RFCs are standards and discussion documents on various communications and computer topics.
Here are some Emacs things for working with or reading such documents,
- FindFileAtPoint – download an RFC number document at point
- Irfc – View and download RFC document, provide advanced navigation function.
- RfcView – improve formatting for on-screen reading
- Lisp:rfc.el – browse RFC documents and the RFC index – see below
- rfc-el – browse RFC documents and the RFC index
- GetRFC – Retrieve RFC document (remote or local) and display it using RfcView mode (by default)
rfcr.el by SamiSalkosuo – download and cache from IETF, by number or by browsing index
- FastFileFinder? – includes retrieval of RFCs by number, locally or remote 
- It seems that Lisp:rfc.el requires w3 package for url-insert-file-contents that is already in vanila emacs 18.104.22.168. To use it properly, just comment out the “(require ‘w3)” line in rfc-insert-contents-url in Lisp:rfc.el. Someone please contact to its author to correct this. ;-) – CinSK
In the wiki here, links to RFC documents can be made just by writing say RFC 1945.