SimonMichael? likes EmacsWikiMode and WikiRemote very much. Here are some notes on setup, problems, ideas etc.
System details: emacs on debian GNU/linux sid, specifically
- xemacs21-basesupport-el-2001.12.16-1, etc
- I want ~ to be my main wiki directory since I already keep a lot of wiki-ish notes there.
- I want wikiname completion, C-c C-f and publishing to ignore the non-wikinamed files there. Haven’t quite managed this yet. Published pages are only for local browsing right now.
- Customizations: (I’m just pasting these from .emacs, you’ll probably use "M-x customize-group RET emacs-wiki") : ‘(emacs-wiki-directories (quote ("~")) nil (emacs-wiki)) ‘(emacs-wiki-file-ignore-regexp "\`\(\.?#.*\|.*,v\|.*~\|\.\.?\|\..*\)\’") ‘(emacs-wiki-private-pages (quote ("[^A-Z].*"))) ‘(emacs-wiki-use-mode-flags nil)
- I’m tweaking for closer support of zwiki-style wikinames, interwiki links etc. This isn’t working yet: ‘(emacs-wiki-name-regexp "\(\[\[\([^] ]+\)\]\(\[\([^] ]+\)\]\)?\]\| \<[A-Z][A-Za-z]*\([A-Z][a-z]+\)+[0-9]*\([#[A-Za-z0-9_%]+\)?\)")
- Use FrontPage instead of WelcomePage: ‘(emacs-wiki-default-page "FrontPage") ‘(emacs-wiki-home-page "FrontPage")
- I like the sound of these bells and whistles. C-c ! a to create a footnote. highlight-changes-mode shows your changes since the last save in red. I may add the cool flyspell-mode later, but it’s also red and it’s getting confusing. ‘(emacs-wiki-mode-hook (quote (emacs-wiki-use-font-lock footnote-mode highlight-changes-mode)))
- Use konqueror not netscape for opening non-wiki urls: ‘(emacs-wiki-browse-url-function (quote browse-url-kde))
- My url package is a newer version with asynchronous url-retrieve function.
- Tried converting wiki-remote.el to call url-retrieve-synchronously
- This hangs after fetching the page for reasons I don’t understand.
- My xemacs installation has the older url which will probably work fine.
- Can I load those files in emacs? Yes.
- I unzipped /usr/share/xemacs21/packages/lisp/w3/*.el.gz into ~/emacs/w3-old
- (copy default.css as well so w3 will work)
- byte-compiled the lot (dired, mark all, B)
- Loaded wiki-remote like this: (setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/emacs/w3-old") load-path)) (load "url") (load "wiki-remote")
- It now worked fine for http://zwiki.org/TestPage but hung on this page.
- Commented out the ("" . "") in the usemod-get-data function to get usemod wikis working. Now we’re rockin’!
- Ack no link to wiki rules on edit form - sacrilege!
["source mode" - in emacs, font-lock turned off;
"edit mode" - in emacs, font-lock on;
"browse mode" - in browser, viewing .html version]
- edit mode: allow : for interwiki links (something like WikiInter?)
- allow other zwiki wikinames
- support nested lists
- edit mode: highlight headings
- edit mode: open interwiki links with wiki-remote if possible
- edit mode: more highlighting and entry support for emacs-wiki markup rules
- edit mode: highlighting/entry support for other markup rules (zwiki structuredtext, usemod, classic wiki…)
- wiki-remote: provide same highlighting/entry support as emacs-wiki-mode
- wiki-remote: buffer modified indicator
- zwiki: support emacs-wiki markup rules