Talcum is a minor mode that provides additional features for editing LaTeX files.
- uncluttering, as currently provided by unclutter.el, i.e. replace footnotes by 1, refs by ->, spacing commands with ordinary whitespace etc. in your Emacs buffer.
- new insertion commands that take you to the preamble (or a seperate command definition file) for \newcommands etc.
- prodding, i.e. automatic refresh of xdvi, xpdf etc. after compilation, sending the emacs frame to the bottom (to make room for the previewer’s window), etc.
- selecting chapters for \includeonly via menu
- improved minibuffer completion
Screenshot of Talcum in action: (older version):