What's Irfc ?
Irfc is interface for IETF RFC document.
- Please send suggestions and bug reports to NielsWidger, he’s the new maintainer. Thanks! – AndyStewart
This package use some code from Lisp:rfcview.el, thanks “Neil W. Van Dyke”!
The features this package provide:
- Format RFC document for easy reading.
- Single keystroke for fast view.
- Render status switch.
- Smart table and content navigation.
- Visit RFC link around point.
- Jump to RFC reference around point.
- Jump to heading name with completion.
- Jump to heading number with completion.
- Download RFC document asynchronous.
- in ~/.emacs.
- Setup storage directory for RFC document search and download.
(setq irfc-directory "YourStorageDirectory")
- If you want make RFC document load
‘irfc-mode’ automatically, setup like below:
(setq irfc-assoc-mode t)
- “irfc-render-toggle” Toggle render status with RFC buffer.
- “irfc-quit” Quit RFC buffer.
- “irfc-visit” Ask for RFC number and visit document.
- “irfc-reference-goto” Ask for RFC reference and jump to it.
- “irfc-head-goto” Ask for heading name and jump to it.
- “irfc-head-number-goto” Ask for heading number and jump to it.
- “irfc-follow” Visit RFC link around point.
- “irfc-table-jump” Navigation between table and content.
- This feature is very useful when you want navigation in RFC document like HTML document, even it is text version.
- “irfc-page-goto” Goto page.
- “irfc-page-next” Jump next page.
- “irfc-page-prev” Jump previous page.
- “irfc-page-first” Jump first page.
- “irfc-page-last” Jump last page.
- “irfc-page-table” Jump table page.
- “irfc-head-next” Jump next heading.
- “irfc-head-prev” Jump previous heading.
- “irfc-rfc-link-next” Jump next RFC link.
- “irfc-rfc-link-prev” Jump previous RFC link.
- “irfc-scroll-up-one-line” Scroll up one line.
- “irfc-scroll-down-one-line” Scroll down one line.
All below option can customize by: M-x customize-group RET irfc RET
- “irfc-assoc-mode” Whether assoc RFC document with
- “irfc-directory” The storage directory for RFC document search and download.
- “irfc-download-base-url” The base url for download RFC document.
- “irfc-buffer-name-includes-title” Whether buffer name should include the RFC document’s title
- “irfc-highlight-requirement-keywords” whether RFC requirement keywords specified in
‘irfc-requirement-keywords’ list should be highlighted using the face specified by
- “irfc-requirement-keywords” list of RFC requirement keywords to highlight if
‘irfc-highlight-requirement-keywords’ is t.
- “irfc-highlight-references” whether RFC references should be highlighted using the face specified by
- You can use command
‘irfc-render-toggle’ to toggle render status.
‘irfc-table-jump’ can navigation between table and content, example you stay cursor at table, and type “G” will jump corresponding content in buffer, alike, you can stay at any content and type “G” will jump corresponding table item.
‘irfc-visit’ will ask the user for a RFC number and will visit that document, either from
‘irfc-directory’, if exists, or by downloading it. This command can serve as entry point for Irfc, to go to a RFC without having to visit the file or remember whether it is already in
‘irfc-directory’. And if you visit same document with your previous type, so just hit RET, and don’t need type RFC document number.
‘irfc-follow’ will visit RFC document around point, example you stay cursor at “[RFC 3986]”, and type “o” will open rfc3986.txt in storage directory. If have not found this file in directory, will download from `http://www.ietf.org/rfc/’ and open it when download complete.
- And command
‘irfc-follow’ can also use at title of RFC document.
- Example rfc3986.txt contain “Obsoletes: 2732, 2396, 1808” at title, you can move cursor to “2732” and type “o” will visit RFC 2732 document.
‘irfc-follow’ support below keywords in title:
- “Request for Comments:”
‘irfc-reference-goto’ will ask the user for a reference number and will jump to that citation in the Normative References/Informative References heading.
‘irfc-rfc-link-prev’ can jump next or previous RFC link in document.
‘irfc-head-goto’ will ask the user for a heading name and will jump to that heading. Completion list in minibuffer is available.
‘irfc-head-number-goto’ will ask the user for a heading number and will jump to that heading. Completion list in minibuffer is available.
- Put Lisp:anything.el and Lisp:anything-irfc.el in your load-path, then add
- in your ~/.emacs
- You can use the command
‘anything-irfc-table-jump’ to jump table or content.
- Or you can also integrate this package with Anything:
- When you use Anything interface, you can type “TAB” to switch second-level interface for more command for same candidate.
- Irfc integrate with anything:
Take Over ?
Hi Neils, i notice you add new feature in irfc.el, very cool. Are you interested take over irfc.el? I have leave Emacs long time, no time maintain irfc.el.
Please let me know if you want take over it, thanks! – AndyStewart
Hi Andy, Sure I’ll keep adding features and fix any bugs I find. ☺ – Niels
- Great! I have update your information in irfc.el, thank you very much! – AndyStewart