Modes/functions/packages to hide stuff by other means than using OutlineMode (see CategoryOutline).
- BasicNarrowing – Restrict actions, including viewing, to a specified region of the buffer.
- HideOrIgnoreComments – Command
‘hide/show-comments’ to hide/show all comments or all comments in region. Lisp macro
‘with-comments-hidden’, to do something while ignoring commented text.
- HideIfDef – Hide code within
‘ifdef’ constructs that the C preprocessor would eliminate.
- HighLight – Conditional text: hide/show text highlighted in any set of faces. Restrict to regexp matches or regions. Use highlighter pen. Overlays or text properties.
- HideLines – Hide lines based on a regexp.
- HideRegion – Hide multiple regions of text in any mode.
- HideSearch – hides non-matching lines incrementally
- HideShow – Hide parts of the buffer like an outline mode.
- MultipleNarrowings – Use `
C-x n x x x...’ to cycle a ring of narrowings (buffer restrictions).
‘set-selective-display’ – Hide lines beyond a certain level of indentation.