Click the heading to list all pages related to writing your own .emacs file, see InitFile.
Specific Init issues:
Dedicated Init File Pages:
There are also pages dedicated to some simple EmacsLisp / Emacs commands which allow you to do astonishing things, without requiring you to load other packages or write your InitFile.
Some complete InitFiles:
- DrewAdams has posted an Emacs InitFile as emacs-init.el. It has lots of intro Emacs info for newbies, and code to comment or uncomment that loads and configures various Emacs packages. For descriptions of the packages, see DrewsElispLibraries.
- EnterpriseEmacs – a page about minimal amount of settings for a behavior more common to the bulk of most other editors and IDEs.
- FabriceNiessen's .emacs is huge, well-commented and excellent. You can find something interesting there.
- JoelHolveck has posted his 90k
.emacs.el on the Wiki. It’s pretty hairy (a decade of degeneration), but has some neat stuff buried in there.
- Phil Hollenback's .emacs is well-commented and supports both XEmacs and emacs.
- StefanReichoer's .emacs is HUGE and runs on Windows and Unix platforms.
- EdwardOConnor's .emacs works in various versions of both Emacsen on several different platforms.
- JesseWeinsteinDotEmacs has some Mac OS X initialization that might be interesting.
- AlexSchroederConfigMac? at home, AlexSchroederConfigWindows at work, AlexSchroederConfigInit? also at home, but less used.
- Yann Hodique's config is huge, and split into many files. Tested (and used) only with GNU Emacs (CVS version) under GNU/Linux
- Here is a .emacs structure that helps you catch errors during startup of Emacs.
- mina86's .emacs with almost 2k lines of elisp code. Tested mostly with GNU Emacs from CVS but should work with other versions.
- dertuxmalwieder's config is targeted at Gnus users and web developers (work in progress).
- ChrisForno’s .emacs is a literate program written in Noweb.
- DEA DEA stands for “Dot emacs of ahei”, its target is provide powerful emacs profile for emacser.
- DirkJanBinnema’s init file.
.emacs on Windows: MsWindowsDotEmacs
There’s lots more at:
Some Complete Init packages:
See also DotEmacsDotD, DumpingEmacs, CategoryPersistence, SessionManagement.