Click on the title to list all pages related to Indentation questions.
- “The power of Emacs comes at a cost.” – kensanata on #emacs
For people troubled by the default indentation behaviour, there is the IndentationTutorial. If that doesn’t work, EricPement has a page on Emacs and Tabs at http://www.pement.org/emacs_tabs.htm
Most people seem to be concerned about the following, though:
Aligning columns of text:
- CategoryAlignment – several ways to align text, with respect to assignment, whitespace, or regexp-provided delimiters.
- AlignColumn – align text columns, where the columns are separated by whitespace
- AlignLet – align values in Lisp
Indentation implementation details:
- TabStopList – the fallback usually used when no other indentation seems to work