This module changes the look of Buffers list and Buffer menu.
- A new modification status meaning “modified and saved”. Makes it possible to distinguish files that have never been changed from files that have been changed and saved.
- Colorization of meta data columns (status, size, mode). A special face can be used for the unsaved indicator (”*”) for real files (buffers connected to files).
- Compaction of size and mode, when needed. (E.g. changes size indication from “12345” to “12k” if the buffer name is long.)
- Compaction of file path, when possible. Show home directory path as “~/”.
- Character syntax for “.” and some other chars changed to symbol, to simplify selection of a complete file name.
The new modification status appears in both the Buffers list and in the Buffers menu. The other enhancements are only for the Buffers list.
Note. This module does not work with Emacs-22 or later, nor with XEmacs.
Other Buffers Menu enhancements can be found in the BufferMenu page.