For information regarding using Python in Emacs, please see PythonProgrammingInEmacs
THIS IS JUST AN OLD DISCUSSION
this is a very, very confusing page. It’s hard to make head nor tail of what could and should be used in emacs 23 and I will try to annotate/clip this page when I know more. The whole python.el v python-mode.el thing is really messy – RichardRiley
- Couldn’t agree more. I wanted to program in python with emacs, but getting my python-mode just right with all the feature has been a pain - This page is a bit of a mess of information - maybe we could collaborate to make a page that gives easier instruction for creating a usable python configuration? How about PythonProgrammingInEmacs --CH
- I’ve had no replies from anyone about the changes I’ve proposed to the structure of this page, in the meanwhile this page, and the ones I’ve created will just diverge; Should I just delete this page and redirect it to PythonProgrammingInEmacs ? --CH
- I agree. This page needs gutting. But rather than duplicating the content it should simply be moved to the new page and a breadcrumb left here. – TavisRudd?
- Ok, I finally got around to doing it. The pages still need work though, and sorry if I clobbered any changes, I did my best :/ --CH
- Hi all. I’m a beginner to emacs looking to using Emacs as an IDE for python. If I type the search term “Python Emacs” in Google I end up at this page. It took me a minute to realize what I was looking at because it’s quite confusing. Can you change this page so that beginner like me can find comprehensive information about Python for Emacs? Thanks - AnEmacsNewbie?
- This page is essentially left as a reminder of what happened to the ‘PythonMode’ page. The new page is PythonProgrammingInEmacs . I’ve made the link at the top a bit more noticable. I’m not sure whether that page is ‘comprehensive’ though, I think it still needs work, although it’s the best starting point. – CH
- Wouldn’t it be better to have a heading saying something like “Old Discussion” below the initial line? It’s easy enough to figure out that all these comments aren’t what you’re looking for, but a heading would make it just a bit more readable for people coming from Google. --jhb