Several packages provide the capabilities for working with Spreadsheets (See WikiPedia:Spreadsheet) in Emacs.
- SimpleEmacsSpreadsheet – A major mode in Emacs that mimics traditional spreadsheet software, but uses EmacsLisp formulas.
- Dismal – An older spreadsheet mode
- ESheet – A spreadsheet with its own extensible formula language.
- SpreadMode – A formula language that Emacs can generate spreadsheets from.
- LatexSpread – A simple spreadsheet minor mode for TeX/LaTeX documents. LaTeX files can include formulas for Emacs to evaluate.
- OrgMode – Its table editor uses AdvancedDeskCalculator to provide spreadsheet functionality. All the power of Calc in a grid!
- CellMode – Visual dataflow language with a spreadsheet interface
- Table.el – Table editor for Emacs
Using NT Xemacs, could only get Dismal to work properly. It compiled and worked, pretty much ‘out of the box’. Using it for a simple timesheet app. -TimOCallaghan
CellMode would appear to be unavailable. The link to the application is broken on the CellMode page. An Internet search found nothing. -ColinBaxter