Emacs 27.1 was released on August 10, 2020!
It has a wide variety of new features, including:
- Built-in support for arbitrary-size integers
- Text shaping with HarfBuzz
- Native support for JSON parsing
- Better support for Cairo drawing
- Portable dumping used instead of unexec
- Support for XDG conventions for init files
- Additional early-init initialization file
- Built-in support for tab bar and tab-line
- Support for resizing and rotating of images without ImageMagick
See the full list of user-visible changes in the NEWS file.