- Js2Mode – js2-mode is a full blown IDE style mode, with its own parser.
- js3-mode is “[a] chimeric fork of js-mode (included with emacs 24) and js2-mode that supports comma-first style and other quirks.”
- SwankJs, a full-blown SlimeMode backend for node.js and can connect to a running web browser process through the socket.io package. https://github.com/swank-js/swank-js
- js-comint.el is a lightweight comint integration package, that also seems to integrate with org-mode nicely.
- WshRepl A decrepit console into the Windows Scripting Host from within Emacs. It does have a project on github, and is looking for a maintainer
Helper modes and packages
Finally, there are some specific modes available as well:
- NPM and Ender package manager front-ends
- Notes on the pros and cons of using these Emacs w/ these tools vs using another IDE (like Visual Studio or Webstorm). Of course “don’t have to leave Emacs”… but, other reasons? Are there shortcomings we should look to address?
CategoryHypermedia CategoryProgramming CategoryNeedsAttention