I’ve got a mind to move the comparisons with other languages to a EmacsLispLearning page.
– NicFerrier 2013-02-24 10:33 UTC
– AlexSchroeder 2013-02-24 17:06 UTC
Not sure I agree with this Aaron, you’ve conflated the learning with the features - we still have people coming to EmacsLisp who are one of two types of people:
1. Lisp programmers who think they know what EmacsLisp is but don’t 2. people who have no idea about Lisp programming
There’s also a third group:
3. people who don’t know ANY programming language
– NicFerrier 2013-02-26 17:33 UTC
I agree that we could make it more clear which linked pages are more likely to be useful to which readers.
In addition, some typos were introduced with this edit. E.g., non-sentence before the bullets (probably should be replaced with “See also” or some such); “see at the symbol glossary” (?). IOW, some cleanup is needed.
– DrewAdams 2013-02-26 18:03 UTC
Yeah, perhaps the straggling sentence was the reason for the confusion.
– AaronHawley 2013-02-26 18:04 UTC
I see you fixed the first typo before my comment was posted. Thx.
– DrewAdams 2013-02-26 18:05 UTC
What do we think about that tutorial linked? There seems to be very little there. I don’t see why we should link to that.
– NicFerrier 2013-02-26 21:07 UTC
I didn’t download the linked tarball and check it. But presumably it is something useful. I put moved it to the list along with the others.
But what does that last sentence mean (aside from not being grammatical)? I looked at CategoryGlossary and didn’t understand where to find anything about what is mentioned in that sentence.
– DrewAdams 2013-02-27 05:56 UTC
No idea who did that… a blame feature would be REALLY useful. I’m not sure that’s possible on emacswiki. I’ll add it to the elwiki list.
I think take it out?
– NicFerrier 2013-02-27 09:38 UTC
“Be bold” and fix it, no matter who added it. As for a blame feature: theoretically you should be able to use the Git repository to figure it out. I guess it would be easy to add a link at the bottom to link to the GitHub page – I’m just not sure we really need it.
– AlexSchroeder 2013-02-27 10:08 UTC