This category focuses on Emacs’s uses in education.
Click the title heading to search for all pages in this category.
- Dictionary lookup packages (many of them) can be found under CategoryInterface.
- Drill - a module of OrgMode. Runs an interactive session where “facts” in org mode files are presented for review or recall, using the supermemo SM5 spaced repetition algorithm. Homepage and Worg-page.
- ELIP - EMACS Learning Instruction Program, based on the supermemo interval learning system, requires EmacsDataBase EDB. http://www.gnuvola.org/software/elip/
- EtxtMode – a mode that extends ViewMode for easier reading and bookmarking of e-texts, like those found on Project Gutenberg
- FlashCard – type complete answers, use five simulated decks of cards to practice
- FlashMaker – create flashcard decks from existing dictionaries
- KanjiDictionary (kdic.el) – practice your kanji
- RDictCc – is an english-german (and vice versa) dictionary written in Ruby. It includes an emacs module which integrates it into emacs. Get it from apps section at the author’s homepage.
- RevealNextTextMode – progressively hide or show text after point.
- SpanishTest – a small script for learning spanish vocabulary and verb conjugations
- Speedreading – Teach yourself to read faster http://www.bobnewell.net/elisp.html
- ThesauriAndSynonyms – Finding roughly equivalent words in natural languages. Lists applications to other related information and tasks.
- VerbisteEl – Conjugate/deconjugate French verbs using the verbiste program
- VocabTest – a vocabulary tester
- voctest - Emacs-based program for vocabulary testing. It uses a dictionary file containing colon-separated translations and presents a flash card-like interface. It is small but quite useful if you need to memorize something. http://belikoff.net/stuff/soft/voctest.el, see screenshot
See also SpreadSheet.